We offer a full range of inspections to meet your needs. We are fully certified/licensed in all of these areas.
Wood Destroying Organisms
Wood-destroying insects and other pests can cause serious damage to the wooden structural components of a house. These destructive organisms ca hide and go undetected for a long time, but there are many telltale signs for different species that indicate their presence. I’ll inspect your home for evidence of infestation now before it becomes an expensive problem later.
Unchecked mold indoors can damage the structure of a home, cause wood rot, and ruin drywall. Most importantly, mold can cause negative health effects. A professional mold test starts with a thorough inspection of your property. We will investigate any signs of past or present water intrusion, which can promote mold growth, and will take samples of any suspected mold for laboratory analysis.
How clean is your water? The water in your home and the water you drink has a direct effect on your health, as well as the health of your family.
We here at Advantec provide comprehensive water testing that can help you understand what is in your water, what needs to be remediated, and what to be concerned with down the road.
Don’t leave the health of your family and yourself to chance – contact us to perform a professional water test.
Septic System Inspections
During a Septic Inspection, we look for several things that will impact a home, including:
- Finding the date that the tank was last pumped, and checking the sludge level.
- Locating the septic tank and drainfield are adequately placed.
- Ensuring the system is large enough for the home that it serves.
- Checking for liquid waste that has made its way to the ground surface.
- Inspecting riser lids are secure.
- Making sure that the baffles are firmly connected to the tank’s inlet and outlet pipes, and that drain lines should each receive the
- same amount of wastewater.
Sewer Scope Inspections
Your home’s main sewer line is a critical part of your home – and a very expensive component to repair. But it is also, unfortunately, a mystery without specialized equipment and training.
That is the exact equipment and training that we have, and we offer to all of our clients. Be sure to potentially save yourself thousands of dollars by hiring us to perform a professional sewer scope inspection.
Thermal Imaging Inspections
We use a state-of-the-art infrared camera to find problems that aren’t always apparent to the naked eye. An IR camera translates the heat signatures of objects into colors on a gradient scale, with higher temperatures appearing as lighter colors, and lower temperatures and wet areas as darker colors. By evaluating these images, we can detect sources of energy loss, locate areas of moisture intrusion, pinpoint dangerous hot spots in the electrical system and uncover other problems, such as wood-destroying pest and rodent infestations, as well as flue leaks in the chimney, which can lead to carbon monoxide poisoning.
- estimate the home’s yearly energy usage
- pinpoint potential energy inefficiencies
- develop recommendations for energy improvements
- determine your potential energy savings.
The Home Energy eBook is included with your Home Energy Report. It describes additional steps you can take right now to save energy, increase your family’s comfort, and protect the environment.
Pool and Spa inspections
Pools and spas require proper maintenance and regular inspection so that you can enjoy them for years to come. Your pool maintenance professional is responsible only for the pool’s chemistry and cleanliness. Let us inspect it for all the other items that will ensure its proper condition and safety. We follow a comprehensive checklist and will inspect for the following:
- water level
- main drains, grates, and inlets
- blockages, debris, staining, and biological growth
- heater and thermostat
- adequate fencing and gate security
- deck safety
- electrical safety, switches, alarms, and lighting
- and much more.